I have officially attended 15 classes in 3 weeks. Phew! I actually joined the challenge they offered, 20 classes in 28 days. 10 of my classes count towards this, so I’m right on track. Can I just say how proud of myself I am right now? I’m SUPER proud of myself!!!
These are the hard things I’ve noticed:
1. My knees hurts.
2. My back hurts.
3. Ok. Everything hurts. They remind us it’s supposed to hurt. I remind myself I’m not alone.
4. It’s freaking hard to make it to 5 classes a week! Do these people have jobs????? I mean, seriously.
5. I have to do way more laundry than I want to. Stinky sweaty clothes and towels everyday!
These are the positives I’ve noticed:
1. I can literally see myself melting away. Ok. So that’s not literal, but I like saying literally. (In an English accent)
Really though, in 15 classes, my clothes fit better and my tummy is slimming. Total win!
2. My skin is sooooooo soft! Is this supposed to happen? Maybe the constant sweaty detox action. I love feeling my oh so soft skin! Another win!
3. I drink tons of water now and skip the soda. Maybe it’s because I know I’m working so hard. I don’t wanna ruin it, or maybe I just realized how much I like water. Come to think of it, maybe all the water has everything to do with my soft skin. Hmmmm Win again!
4. I have made my lunch for work every night before bed. This is a result of trying to save money, cause Bikram money is no joke. Ouch in the pocket book! But also, it’s helping me eat smaller portions, experiment with yummy recipes, and all around add to the happy feelings I have about myself.
4. I drink less alcohol. I like to drink, not like fall down drunk, more like a drink after work drink. I like to hang out at my neighborhood hole in the wall and watch the Spurs with friendly faces. I walked in the other night on my yoga night off and I heard “Where have you been” from several peeps. Maybe I was there a bit too much.
5. I am more pleasant to be around. I’m not as grumpy. I feel light and centered. Balanced. I even did my taxes early! Coincidence? I think not people!
6. I’m making yoga friends. These people are REALLY nice. It’s sort of weird how nice they are. It’s sort of weird how nice I am. Weird, weird, weird. I mean, my friends think I’m awesome and all, but I wouldn’t call myself nice exactly. “I smiled at the son-of-a-bitch ‘for I could help myself!” If you don’t know where that’s from you are missing out. Look it up.
7. I want to go. I don’t like missing. So far, I’ve been to five classes a week. If I didn’t have night meetings, I would go another day.
This is starting to be a habit. I bought a one month unlimited membership, but I will definitely buy another, and maybe the six month membership. This feels too good. I can’t stop now, and I won’t. #winning